Happy Friday! We made it. This was our first 5-day week in forever. I thought it was nice to get back in the swing of thing and have a routine.
Yesterday, I went downtown with Alex and did a little work from a coffee shop. It is so nice to get out of the house! We also love going out to eat downtown since we can choose from thousands of restaurants vs. hundreds in The Woodlands. Of course, we ended up going to Tiny Boxwoods again. We cannot quit that place. It is so good!
Anyways, I wanted to bring you another post in my new series – Friday Favorites! Each Friday, I am bringing you 5 of my favorite things. This week, I have quite the variety – everything from technology to wine to shopping!
- Ring Doorbell
- We just installed a new “smart” doorbell at our front door, and it has been a game changer! Not only do we feel super high-tech, but it is so nice to have the extra piece of mind when someone rings your doorbell. This doorbell has a camera in it, so we can see who is at our door right from our phones. It also alerts you on your phone when there is any motion detected at your door. I am seriously obsessed with it!
- Smart Thermostat
- We were having major problems with our upstairs thermostat. It was never accurate. Last month, when it was turned on, it was saying that it was 80+ degrees in our upstairs living room. It did not feel like 80 degrees. Then, you would go into one of the bedrooms upstairs and it would be freezing! So, needless to say, the old thermostat was tricking the AC unit to run like crazy. When we got our electric bill from last month, I about choked!
- Due to all those issues we had, we decided to install a smart thermostat. We had the Nest in our old apartment and didn’t like it, so we decided to try the Ecobee products.
- The one we got has sensors that you can put in other bedrooms, so it keeps a more consistent temperature in all rooms. I really like that it doesn’t base the reading off of 1 room. So far, it has been working great and it seems extremely accurate.
- Target Door Mat
- I found this doormat at Target the other day, and I love it. It is the perfect fit for us! We sure do love happy hour 🙂
- Alexander Valley Cabernet
- For $15 (maybe even a little under), this is a pretty good bottle of wine! This has become my new everyday drinking wine. I also love this winery and have visited several times. If you are ever up in Sonoma (specifically Alexander Valley), check this place out! And they have a cute little pug 🙂 Their zinfandels are also amazing – check out the Sin Zin!
- Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- Seriously, it’s like Christmas in July. If you want any fall or winter clothes from Nordstrom, now is the time to buy them! It may seem really silly when it is 100 degrees outside, but trust me. You can get some really nice sweaters for under $50. I think it is a steal! I ended up getting couple pairs of jeans, some sweaters and a pair of booties!
What do you think of these items? Does anyone else have a Ring Doorbell or a smart thermostat? Again, I am so excited about those 2 things because it going to make our home safer and more efficient!
I don’t think we will do much this weekend, but I am more than okay with that. We have been busy most of the summer, so it is nice to relax every now and then. Hopefully the weather will be nice and sunny so we can sneak in some pool time!
Anyways, time to go work. Have a great weekend!