Happy Sunday y’all! I took a bit of a break from blogging, as my family was in town visiting last week. It was so nice to see everyone and we had a lot of fun hanging out around Houston!
Every time we go on a vacation or have guests, we indulge in lots of treats and alcohol. I was ready to get back on track this week, so I decided to meal prep all of my breakfasts and lunches.
I have never meal prepped breakfast, as this is something I usually have time to make for myself. I know this week will be crazy work-wise, so I decided, “Why not save a few extra minutes and meal prep breakfast too?!”
I have always seen egg muffins on Pinterest, and I finally decided to give it a go. I typically eat eggs for breakfast anyways, so I thought this would be a good thing to prep.
An egg muffin is is like an omelet, but in a muffin shape. They are SUPER easy to prep, you can make it your own and they are easy to take on-the-go!
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 green pepper
- 1 hatch chile
- 2 hatch green chile sausages (or any sausage you like)
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 6 – 7 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Shredded cheese to sprinkle on top
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Crack your eggs into a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk them together.
- Chop your green pepper, hatch chile, onion, tomato and sausage
- You can use a food processor to make this easier.
- Throw all of the ingredients you chopped into the mixing bowl and whisk together
- Add some salt and pepper to the mixture and whisk again.
- Spray your muffin pan with a non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your egg batter into each muffin tin, filling about 3/4 full
- Top each muffin with a bit of cheese (to your liking)
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Remove your egg muffins from the pan and enjoy!
Enjoy! I am planning on adding hot sauce to mine to make it extra spicy.
What do think of this recipe? Is it something you would try? I think these would be great for anyone who has to be to work early in the morning.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below!