Happy May y’all! This is my favorite month of the year, so I am excited for the month to unfold.
I haven’t done a “goals” post in a while, so I figured I would take a few minutes to share some of my May Goals. Even when I don’t post about my monthly goals, I still have them. I sometimes feel like they are too repetitive month-to-month, so I don’t want to bore you guys too much 🙂
Anyways, here are my Goals for May:
- Continue with 6 work-outs per week
- I have been pretty good about keeping up with working out, but I don’t want to let it slip! I am feeling really good and very strong, so I want to keep this up.
- Do 100 burpees per day on top of the work-out
- Since I sit too much during the day, I decided I wanted to do something to get me up and moving throughout the day. When I have a couple of minutes, I am just going to get up and start doing burpees – why not?!
- Only 1 night out per week
- Alex and I have been so much better about not going out all the time. Even though we have been better, we typically still go out 2-3 nights per week. During this month (and really the whole summer), we are going to limit our night out to just 1 night. I am hoping to save money by doing this, too.
- Try 1 new recipe every week
- We love cooking! We figured we should challenge ourselves to make something new each week. We have a pretty solid rotation of recipes, but it is fun to mix it up now and then.
- Finish planning and booking Christmas Trip
- We booked a ticket to London over Christmas this year! So, we need to figure out the details of the trip and decide what we are going to do. I am so excited for this. I haven’t been to Europe since 2011.
- No Shopping
- We have been spending money like crazy with the pool and everything that comes along with that, so I am restricting myself from buying clothes. I work from home, so there is nothing I really need when it comes to my wardrobe. I tend to go to boutiques and spend money on fun, casual dresses to wear out, but I need to stop that this month.
- Finish De-Cluttering
- I read “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” and it was very eye-opening into how much stuff we don’t need. I already went through my clothes, but I need to finish going through the rest of the house and get rid of things we don’t need. I will be honest, we really don’t have THAT much extra stuff, but there are definitely a few things we need to get rid of.
- Organize and Deep Clean Garage
- Between projects and storing our outdoor furniture in the garage during construction, it is a disaster in there. Everything is out-of-place and it is filthy. I would share a picture, but I am too embarrassed to show you what the garage looks like right now. Needless to say, this is getting cleaned up!
- Getting up at 5 AM Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Alex has to get up at this time anyways to drive to the medical center for work, so I really just need to get myself out of bed. I tend to snooze for 1-2 more hours before I actually get up. It is hard for me because I don’t have to start until 10 AM. So, even if I wake up at 7 AM, I still have time to work out and do a few other things.
- There are a few days I have woken up at 5 AM, and I feel so accomplished! I am able to get so much more done that day, and I never regret it. So, I am making it a priority to just get up early this month.
- Catalog my wine
- A few months ago, I downloaded an app on my iPad and cataloged all of our wine. We weren’t very good about keeping track of which bottles we drank and which bottles we added, so I need to go back through and do this exercise again.
- We do have quite a few bottles (maybe 70 or so?), so it is important for us to keep track of what we have!
I am excited to continue to focus on health and fitness this month. It is so important to me to feel good inside and out. I am also excited that we don’t have any home projects to work on this month – we need a break!
What are some of your May Goals? Leave me a comment down below – I would love to hear them!
Anyways, cheers to May and all of the happiness this month brings!