Happy Friday! I am so ready for the weekend – it has been a long week, and I am ready for Christmas. Next week at this time, we will be in full packing mode for our trip! Does anyone else have any fun trips planned for the holidays?
To get you in the Christmas spirit, I am sharing a fun holiday treat: Puppy Chow! I made this all the time in high school for parties. My friends loved it and always requested it. I honestly have not made it much in the last few years, so I am bringing this recipe to life again.
This is such an easy recipe – it will take you less than 15 minutes to make and it is so tasty. Once you eat one piece, you will have to have 50 more. Be careful if you are on a diet! But let’s be honest, who is really on a diet the last few weeks of the year?!
I found these cute Merry Christmas tins at Target in the dollar section. This would make a cute little teacher’s gift or something!
Anyways, here is the recipe!
- 1 12 oz. box Crispix Cereal
- 1.5 cups peanut butter
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 12 oz. package of milk chocolate chips
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Melt together peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a medium-sized microwaveable bowl.
- Once the mixture is melted, stir together until you have an even mixture.
- Pour the cereal in a large mixing bowl that has a lid.
- Coat the cereal with your chocolate/peanut butter mixture. Mix together well until all cereal is coated (be careful not to crush cereal too much)
- Once all of your cereal is coated, pour the powdered sugar into the mixture, 1 cup at a time. You can mix it in with a spoon or spatula, but I prefer to put the lid on the bowl and shake it up. I find it works better this way. I simply keep adding the powdered sugar until the cereal is coated to perfection.
I think these would make great little gifts for friends and family. Just put some puppy chow in a cute little mug and you have yourself a gift!
I hope you all enjoy this post. Try out the recipe this weekend – it would be a fun activity to do with your family!
Anyways, I have to go finish up some work before the weekend. Have a great Friday everyone!