Happy Wednesday! Does anyone else feel like this week is flying by? Do you ever feel like you just don’t have enough time in the week?
Today, I wanted to share some really simple time-saving tips! I know we can all get overwhelmed with the day-to-day tasks that life throws at us. I am always looking for the most efficient way to get everything done, so I thought it would be fun to share some of my tips and tricks.
- Do a load of laundry every single day
- Seriously – it isn’t that hard! Throw in a load of laundry before you head out the door to work. I promise this will make you feel better throughout the week. When laundry piles up, so does your stress!
- Are your children old enough to do the chores? Can you have someone else help you with a big project at work? I like to delegate tasks if I can. Obviously, it isn’t always possible, but you shouldn’t feel like you have to do everything on your own. I challenge to think of 1 thing in your life that you could delegate to someone else.
- Automate Tasks
- Are you paying your bills manually? Stop. Did you know that you can set-up almost all of your bills on Auto-Pay? I am pretty sure all of our bills are on auto-pay because I don’t want to waste my time paying bills.
- Are you washing all of your dishes by hand? Put them in the dishwasher.
- I am sure there are several other tasks out there that could be automated, so just think about that the next time you are doing the same mundane task over and over.
- Decline Meetings
- Whether it is at work or for extracurricular activities, don’t say yes to every meeting. You don’t need to be at all the meetings you get invited to. Be smart and go to ONLY the meetings you need to attend.
- I used to feel like I had to be at every meeting I got invited to. That is so far from the truth. You will feel so much better when you are actually productive with that time instead of sitting in a meeting staring at the wall.
- Multi-Task while you Wait
- Heating up your meal in the microwave? Unload the dishwasher. Do a load of laundry.
- Placed on hold for 20 minutes? Wipe down the kitchen counters.
- Seriously, make use of these short periods of time! This is one of my favorite productivity hacks. I sneak in little house-hold tasks here and there when I have a few minutes of waiting time.
- I cannot stand wasting time, so I feel so much better when I am actually doing something productive when I am waiting on someone or something else.
One of the things that helps me to stay on task throughout my day is my watch. I teamed up with Jord Watches for a fun giveaway and wanted to share my experience with their beautiful wooden watches. When I received my watch from Jord, I was so impressed with the quality of the watch and the packaging! Also, the watch is super lightweight and can be paired with almost any outfit.
Like I said, I am doing a giveaway with Jord and the lucky winner will receive a $100 e-gift code to their website. All other entrants will receive a $25 consolation e-gift code at the close of the contest. You can enter the giveaway here.
*The contest will end at 11:59 CST on 5/14/17
Let me know if you have questions about the contest. I think any of these watches would make a great gift.
Also, if you want to shop my watch from the photos, you can purchase that here.
What are some of your time-saving tips? Do you have any rituals when it comes to time management? I would love to hear them!
This post was brought to you in partnership with Jord Watches. Opinions are my own.