Another week of Whole30 down, and it was ROUGH. I did not stay on track, and I should really restart the program at this point.
Honestly, do not try this if you have to travel at any point in the 30 days. I know that may be practically impossible for some people, but it is so much harder when you are on the road. Obviously, with the right planning and prep, you can try to do it while traveling, but it is going to be extremely frustrating. This is just my opinion. I am sure plenty of Whole30 people would disagree with me, but that’s just my take.
- I still feel pretty good.
- I do still look slimmer and more toned.
- I have not skipped a single work-out since I started my Whole30.
- I had fun at my work happy hour event meeting new people and socializing with folks I will only get to see 2 times a year (even though I was drinking)
- I said no to the desserts on-site all week (cookies, cakes, etc.)
- Most of my meals were Whole30 while on-site except maybe 2.
- Guacamole is the best and it is Whole30 approved.
- I cheated.
- I did feel a little groggy after drinking one night. I wasn’t hungover, but I definitely did not sleep as good.
- I am always doing dishes!
- I am sick of going to Whole Foods when traveling. I want to go out to an actual restaurant.
- I feel like life is a lot more boring. We used to go out to happy hours for fun, and I really miss that.
Now that I am back home, I feel like I am in control of my Whole30 for the first time. I meal prepped a bunch of veggies, went to the grocery store, bought the right foods, etc. I am actually excited about the meals I prepped for the week.
I know I am going to be tempted to go out one or two nights this week, so we will see what happens. My ultimate goal with this program was to end up using the 80/20 rule. Eat like this 80% of the time and allow yourself to have what you really want the other 20% of the time.
I am planning on continuing with my Whole30 (or whatever you want to call it at this point – Partial30?) even though I have slipped. I want to stay focused so I can achieve my end goal of the 80/20 rule. They say it takes about a month to create a new habit of something, so I am hoping that I will be in the habit of eating healthy 80% of the time.
Also, I have a crazy amount of respect for anyone who has done the entire program with zero cheating! I admire all of those people, and I hope to have that kind of dedication someday. Also, if anyone has done this while traveling (for 2 weeks), let me know! I am curious to hear your thoughts on how it went.
Here is some of the food I enjoyed this past week:
Stay tuned for more updates next week!