Hey y’all! How is everyone’s week going? It has been crazy hot down here in Houston, so I am hoping it starts to cool off in the next few weeks. Everyone keeps talking about fall, but we have yet to see any of that in Texas.
I am really excited about today’s post because I am going to be talking about something that I have grown to be more passionate about over the last few months.
For over 12 years, I have been using the same skin care and beauty products. I have always used MAC makeup products, and I typically cake on my makeup pretty heavily.
This never bothered me until recently. The past year or so, I started to feel uncomfortable with my skin. I was having more breakouts and my skin started to look worse and worse. To be honest though, I wasn’t doing anything to take care of it. I wasn’t washing my makeup off properly, I didn’t use the proper moisturizers (if any), and I just didn’t care about my skin. All I cared about was putting on a lot of makeup to “look good.”
Over the course of the past few months, I have started to get serious about my skin care routine. I don’t know what finally clicked, but it probably has something to do with getting older and approaching age 30 in a few years. At first, I didn’t really know where to start and had no guidance. I went to Ulta one day, wandered around the store for an hour and ended up buying a few products that I knew nothing about. I started using these products, but I wasn’t overly impressed by them. Needless to say, I was still on the hunt to find the right beauty products for me.
I had seen several friends posting about Beautycounter on social media. It seemed to be gaining in popularity, so I decided to read more about this company. After a few minutes of research, I was extremely impressed by their mission and what they were setting out to do. Their mission is simple: To get safer beauty products into the hands of everyone. Now, before you go and think that this is some gimmick, let me explain further….
Here are some facts: The United States has not passed a major federal law to regulate the safety of ingredients used in personal care products since 1938. Let that sink in. 1938! I was completely shocked and disgusted by this.
As we all know, there are several diseases on the rise such as asthma, cancer, infertility, thyroid diseases, etc. Several studies are showing that this is happening, in part, due to the ongoing exposure of toxic chemicals in skin care and beauty products. Other countries have banned thousands of these toxic chemicals, but the United States has only banned 30 to date.
Enter Beautycounter. They believe that we deserve better and safer skin care products. And honestly, I couldn’t agree more. They have banned the use of over 1,500 questionable or harmful chemicals through their “Never List,” all while maintaining a high quality product.
If you want to learn more about the mission and get a better glimpse into the “why” behind Beautycounter, check out this video below. It is a little lengthy, but it will help you to better understand the founder’s goals.
I purchased my first Beautycounter product a couple of months ago, and I was extremely impressed with the quality. The first product I ever tried was the cleansing balm. This product is one of Beautycounter’s best selling products. If you are looking to start out with a single product, this is the one I would recommend.
Ever since purchasing the cleansing balm, I was hooked and wanted to purchase more. Unfortunately, the products are not cheap, so it is an investment. One of my friend’s recommended that I purchase a Beautycounter product each time I run out of my current products. So, when I run out of my MAC foundation, I am going to purchase a Beautycounter foundation. I really like this approach so that you can budget for these products and not break the bank.
One thing I also talked with my friend about was being a consultant with Beautycounter. At first, I didn’t think this would be for me, but after much thought and consideration, I decided I would give it a try.
As a consultant, I am here to help you with any questions you may have about the Beautycounter products. Yes, I am also here to promote and sell these products, but that’s not really the reason I signed up to do this. I genuinely feel passionate about safer skin care, so my hope is that I can educate others on Beautycounter’s mission and make a difference in the health of our country.
If you have any questions about Beautycounter, please send me an e-mail or a message! I am very eager to get started and help you in any way I can. Also, if I don’t know the answer to something right away, I promise I will put my best foot forward in getting you the answer as quickly as possible.
- What products have I tried?
- I have tried the cleansing balm, the charcoal mask, nourishing night cream, nourishing day cream, the balancing facial mist, and the nourishing eye cream. All of them have been working really well for me. I have seen improvements such as less breakouts and a more even skin tone.
- I also just ordered the volumizing mascara, so I am excited for that to arrive!
- I’m interested in trying a product! Where can I purchase the product?
- You can purchase your products through me by following this link: http://www.beautycounter.com/catheryngrivna
- You can also purchase your products directly from Beautycounter if you don’t want to shop with a consultant. It’s entirely your choice. However, I promise I won’t harass you if you do order through me 🙂
- I’m interested in switching to safer skin care, but I don’t know where to get started. What do you recommend?
- If you aren’t sure where to get started, send me an e-mail at email@example.com, and I can help you determine what product is right for you. Everybody is different and everyone’s skin care needs are different, so I would like to have a brief conversation with you before recommending something.
- Can I try a sample of a product?
- Yes! If you are interested getting a sample, send me an e-mail or a direct message on social media.
- How do I sign up to be a consultant with Beautycounter?
- If you are interested in joining the Beautycounter team, send me an e-mail and we can chat more about that. There are lots of exciting things happening within this company, so we would love to have you on board! Also, signing up to be a consultant gets you a discount on all of your products.
Thanks for taking the time to read through this post about my journey to safer skin care. It isn’t easy and it isn’t a quick transition, but my hope is that it will be worth it in the end.
I hope that I have encouraged some of you to take a closer look at the products you are using day in and day out. Obviously, it is your personal choice if you want to continue with your current skin care products, but if you are at all thinking of making the switch to Beautycounter, let me know. I would love to have others join me on this journey.