Happy Wine Wednesday! I am sure everyone is counting down the days till Christmas at this point – only about 1 more week until everyone will be in full vacation mode! I know I am looking forward to a few days off.
Today, I wanted to bring back my Wine Wednesday series. Lately, I have been enjoying sparkling wines, so I decided to share a few of those with you today.
I actually stumbled across this one from Trader Joe’s this past weekend. They were advertising it in their catalog and it was only $10, so of course, I bought it. I haven’t actually opened it yet, but I will keep you posted on whether it is worth it. It got decent ratings on Vivino, so fingers crossed that it is tasty! I love the price point.
I know everyone has a different taste in wine, but I think almost all of these would please most palates. Even if you are not big into sparkling wine, give one of these a try! One of these may convert you to being a sparkling wine lover! Plus, this is a great time to get into more sparkling wines. It tends to be a bigger deal around Christmas and New Years, so pop those bottles and let’s get to it!
- Mumm Napa “Brut Prestige” N.V
- Average Price: $19
- We went to visit this winery in October, and I loved their selections. Their views were incredible at the winery as well.
- This is a good bottle of wine for a decent price. It would be a great wine to bring to a party or give as a hostess gift.
- Gloria Ferrer Extra Brut
- Average Price: $45
- We just visited this winery a couple of weekends ago. Alex ordered a glass of this, and it was great! It was more dry, but that is what we prefer. If you like bolder wines like Cabernets, you would probably like this one.
- This would be a good one to splurge on for date night!
- Janisson & Fils Champagne
- Average Price: $34
- I stumbled upon this one at the grocery store. I think they were doing free wine samples that day – I am such a sucker for those! I thought it was pretty good, so I bought a bottle.
- This is from France (hence the name Champagne)
- Gerard Bertrand Brut
- Average Price: $19
- We actually found this one by going to Cru Wine Bar in The Woodlands. Every Thursday, they do champagne night: it is half off bottles of champagne! Hard to pass up, right? We ordered this one off the menu and loved it! I love that it is reasonably priced too.
- It is also from France – Limoux to be specific. Fun Fact: This is where sparkling wine originated.
- Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut
- Average Price: $55
- I didn’t want to put this one on my list because let’s be real, it is trendy and mainstream. But, I do enjoy this wine. If you are looking to splurge a little more, buy yourself a bottle of this! Or if you just want to look cool with a trendy bottle, that works too.
Those are my 5 sparkling wine picks right now! Again, I am just getting into sparkling wine, so I don’t have too much insight into these varietals yet. Once I learn more and try more, I will write up another blog post.
Do you like sparkling wine? If so, what are your favorites? Let me know in the comments down below!