We are officially back to reality and the routine of everyday life after our 6-day vacation to Cancun. It was absolutely incredible. I wish I could wake up to the ocean sounds every morning.
This was actually the 2nd time we took to a trip to Hyatt Ziva in Cancun. We loved it so much the first time that we knew we had to plan another trip. We had a ton of Chase Sapphire credit card points to use, so we were able to do this trip for free! It was 25,000 points per night for 2 adults. If you have Hyatt or Chase Sapphire points, I would highly suggest using them at this resort – it has to be one of the best point redemptions out there!
Hyatt Ziva is an all-inclusive resort and offers a wide variety of restaurants and activities. It is not your typical all-inclusive resort, meaning that there isn’t just a buffet to eat and drink at. There is so much more to enjoy at this resort. You almost feel overwhelmed with how much there is to do and see!
- It is a kid-friendly resort, but they also have an adults-only tower of rooms and an adults-only pool (it is the infinity pool in my pictures). For the kids, they do have a Kids Club.
- It is the only resort in Cancun surrounded by water on 3 sides.
- They have their own private beach area where you can walk out to the gorgeous lighthouse.
- You can kayak and paddle-board for free on the beach!
- They have a spa where you can get massages, facials, etc. This is one of the only things that costs extra here. You can do a couple’s massage on the beach, too!
- There is no shortage of alcoholic beverages here and they will be quick to offer you another one as soon as your previous drink is half-empty – be careful!
- The staff at Hyatt Ziva are incredible and are always asking if there is anything they can do to make your stay better. Honestly, you feel like royalty when you stay here! Who doesn’t want to feel like a prince or princess for a few days?!
The restaurant-scene at the resort is amazing. They have Italian, French, a Steakhouse, Mexican, an American Diner, Japanese Habachi, an on-site brewery with wings and bar snacks, a candy/dessert shop and a 24-hour snack bar! Can you say insane?! You honestly have to be here for 6-7 nights if you want to try it all. Oh, and of course they have a buffet open for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you want to keep it more simple! And of course, it’s all-inclusive.
For activities, there is always so much going on!
- They have tons of free fitness activities including yoga (on the beach of course), spinning in the pool, water aerobics, and zumba.
- They have their very own swim with dolphins pool where you can swim with the cute dolphins
- Kayaking and paddle-boarding are offered on the beach for free.
- The cabanas by the pool are free! I love sitting in these for some extra shade.
- They have nightly shows that are really neat and show off different aspects of Mexican culture, tradition and history.
- They also serve warm churros at the shows, so you kind of have to go!
- They have live music in the bars at night. They have several bars open at night, and I think it is fun to just relax, listen to live music and sip on a drink!
One of my favorite things to do at the resort is going to their Margarita Bar, “Juana Margarita” They make fresh margaritas in almost any flavor. You can get Habanero, blueberry, passion fruit, lime, etc. This is a great spot to check out before dinner since they open at 5 PM each day. These are seriously the best margaritas I have ever had.
In terms of what we did everyday, we kind of did a mix of everything. We basically woke up and got breakfast (the omelets and green juice were amazing), sat by the pool all day, ate some tacos on the beach, walked around the resort and then get ready for dinner! It doesn’t sound all that exciting, but it was nice to just relax and not have plans.
Another great thing is that you can get breakfast in bed for no extra charge. You should definitely take advantage of this one day if you can! It is so relaxing to enjoy your breakfast and coffee while looking out over the ocean.
Mimosas anyone?! This was a daily tradition for us!
We actually upgraded to the adults-only tower after 2 nights because they had something available. We paid $400 for the upgrade for 4-nights, so we thought it would be worth it. The tower has bigger rooms, a tub on the balcony and more service. We didn’t even realize it, but there is a butler service for any guest in the tower and they can do anything from grabbing you a bottle of champagne to ironing your clothes! I almost laughed when they first told us this because I didn’t think it was real. Again, you are treated like royalty here, so enjoy it while you can!
I wish I had taken pictures of the upgraded room, but take my word for it: It was really nice!
This picture above is actually the view from our first room. There obviously isn’t a bad view anywhere at this resort!
Overall, it was a great vacation, and I am sure we will be back if we can save up enough points again!
Also, if you are curious about any of my beach outfits or swimwear, check out this post to see what I packed. It isn’t everything, but it will give you a nice overview. If you have any questions about where I got something, feel free to comment or send me an e-mail!
Until next time Mexico…..Cheers!