I cannot believe we are halfway through the year. I feel like just yesterday we were ringing in the new year!
When I started to think about what I wanted to focus on in July, I really struggled. I feel like I am at a plateau with these monthly goals. I keep wanting to do the same goals over and over, but isn’t that too boring? Maybe not. Maybe it is good to have some of the same goals every month!
Also, I have been FAILING at several of my monthly goals. For example, last month, I set out to complete Whole30 and run 50 miles. Did I do either? Nope. I only made it halfway through Whole30 and ran 20 miles or less. Even though I did work out almost every day of the month, these were goals I did not achieve and I am disappointed in myself.
Even though I am disappointed with my progress, I am determined to start fresh in July. You can’t quit.
I am going to have less goals this month in hopes that I can actually achieve all of them.
Here are my 5 July Goals:
- Read from 9:30 – 10 PM daily.
- I have been completely failing at reading a book a month, so I think I need a very targeted and specific time to read each day. This is the best time of the day for me to do so.
- Meatless Mondays.
- I don’t have a great reason behind this other than I don’t think I need to eat meat every day and I am always looking to be more creative with my meals.
- 30 or more workout classes at Define.
- Sounds pretty simple. At least 1 work out class per day. Except….I will be out of town for 3-4 days. So there will be several #DoubleDays.
- No drinking during the week.
- I just feel like I have been indulging too much this summer. It needs to stop.
- No checking social media first thing in the morning in bed.
- Does anyone else have this problem? Like you wake up, but lay in bed for 20 more minutes staring at your phone?! UGH. Such a bad habit and I am quitting now.
That’s it. I am just sticking to these 5 goals this month. I have a few other things I want to accomplish in July like a few more house projects, but I am not going to categorize those as “goals” this month.
I took running off of my goal list for the first time in a while because…..Texas Summer. I really do not feel comfortable logging many miles in July/August in Houston. I will probably run some, but it isn’t going to be much!
Also, I am planning to blog more in July! I am going to be making a schedule for the entire month of what I want to post about and stick to it. It is tough trying to balance this, relationships, my real job, working out, maintaining a house, etc. I am passionate about this though and want to keep going! So stay tuned for more blog posts!
What are some of your July goals? Do you ever find yourself stuck in a rut with your goals? I am hoping to get some new ideas and inspiration.