Happy Friday everyone! I hope you had a great week. Is everyone excited for Easter? We are going to a brunch at a wine bar on Sunday, so I am excited for that!
Today, I wanted to share with you one of my recent obsessions: The Cucumber Rickey Cocktail.
I have this cocktail book sitting on my bar cart, and I had honestly never used it, so I decided to open it one night and see what I could make with ingredients I had on-hand. I found this really interesting gin cocktail that looked good, so I gave it a try. Note: I am not a big gin person, so even if you don’t like gin, you will probably like this drink.
The first time I tried it, I was shocked! It tasted so good – I was mad at myself for never opening this book until now. It is so refreshing and it really doesn’t even taste like gin. I would be careful though because each drink does have 2 shots of gin – I limit myself to just one of these 🙂
*Makes 2 Cocktails
- 4 shots of Gin (I used No. 209)
- 1 shot Lime Juice
- 6 Slices of Cucumber (+2 for garnishing)
- 1 handful Mint leaves
- Diet Ginger Beer (you can also use regular, but why waste the calories?!?)
- Add the mint leaves, cucumber, and lime juice to the shaker.
- Muddle the ingredients in the bottom of the shaker until thoroughly crushed.
- Add the gin and ice to the shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds
- Strain mixture into pint classes containing large cubes of ice, top with ginger beer an garnish with remaining cucumber slices and mint leaves.
I think it is the perfect drink for summer when relaxing outside or sitting by the pool. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
What are some of your favorite cocktail recipes? Leave a comment down below!