Happy Sunday! I am coming at ya with another recipe post today. We cooked dinner the past couple of nights, so I thought I might as well share what we made!
This dish I am sharing with you today is something we have made about 10 times – we love it! The reason it is so great is because: #1 – It takes about 20 minutes #2 – All of the ingredients are $10 #3 – It is just really tasty!
It isn’t really a true paella, but I like to call it that because it reminds me of one. It is a paella on a smaller and simpler scale.
We typically do a side of fresh green beans with this dish. Green beans are my favorite vegetable by far. For the green beans, I buy a bag of fresh beans at the grocery store and boil them for 4-5 minutes. Once they are cooked, I drain the water out and then toss them in garlic olive oil and pink salt. Super easy and super tasty!
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 box of Spanish Rice-A-Roni
- 1 can of Rotel (we use the Hot Rotel)
- 1 lb bag of frozen scallops (we get mini scallops)
- You could also use fresh!
- Salt and Pepper
- Rinse the scallops in a colander and dry them. Set aside.
- Cook the rice on the stove according to the instructions on the box.
- Once the rice is almost done, heat a pan on the stove to a medium-high heat.
- Place the scallops in the pan and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top.
- Cook the scallops for about 3-5 minutes on a medium heat.
- For the baby scallops, I don’t really flip them over. I just kind of move them around in the pan as I cook them.
- Combine the scallops into the rice once both are completely cooked! Mix together well and enjoy
This was such a great dinner, and I love having leftovers. It saves well for a couple of days after.
What are some of your favorite recipes? Do you have go-to Sunday Night Dinners?
I hope everyone has a great week!