Hey y’all! I am really excited about today’s post because it involves getting to know some amazing women who I have met through Beautycounter. It also involves a giveaway of some incredible Beautycounter products – who doesn’t love free stuff?!
If you missed the previous post as to my “why” behind Beautycounter, you can check that out here. I am so excited that I have started my journey to safer skin care and makeup products. While it has been a slow process, it has been 100% worth it. I am obsessed with all of their products and they have been changing my skin for the better.
Today, I am doing a collaborative post with a few other Beautycounter bloggers. All of these women are incredible, so be sure to check out their blog posts today in order to learn a little bit more about them. We are all answering a quick set of questions so that you can learn more about us, our lives and why we have chosen Beautycounter (Note: The giveaway is at the end of the post).
- Introduce yourself!
- Hi! For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Catheryn.
- I currently live in the suburbs of Houston, TX with my husband Alex. We have been married 3 years today. I started my blog about a year and a half ago because I needed an escape from my day job. During the day, I work for UCSF Medical Center as an Epic Revenue Cycle Analyst. Basically, it’s healthcare software, and I am responsible for supporting part of the software. It’s been fun to have this blog as a hobby, and I have been fortunate enough to make several friends through blogging. I love being able to share everything about my life – I am truly passionate about so many topics including food, travel, wine, fashion, home decor and even woodworking!
- Where can people find you and your family on a Saturday?
- In the fall, we are usually watching college football all day! We love relaxing at home and opening a good bottle of wine. Recently, we have been spending a good chunk of our Saturdays doing woodworking projects – you can check out our Instagram (@woodworkandwine) if you need any woodworking or home decor inspiration!
- What’s your best habit related to wellness?
- Exercise. I am extremely consistent with my exercise routine. I go to Orangetheory Fitness 5-6 times a week, and I love it! I am actually quite addicted to their classes, but I think it’s a good thing.
- How did you first learn about Beautycounter and why did you join as a consultant?
- I had seen several friends talking about it on social media, and I think I was even added to a few Facebook groups. At first, I kind of blew it off, but then I started to listen more. This summer, I wanted to get more serious about skin care, so I started to consider Beautycounter as an option. I was never passionate about any one brand in particular, so Beautycounter seemed like the way to go since their mission is all about safety and delivering the best product possible. Once I tried my first product, I was hooked!
- I recently joined as a consultant so that I could share Beautycounter’s mission with all of my close friends and family. I think wellness is so important and taking care of our skin (the largest organ in our body) is a big priority to me. I want to make sure that my friends and family live a long and healthy life.
- What is your favorite thing about being a Beautycounter consultant?
- I love that we are able to educate others on safer skin care. I feel like we are the future of beauty products. Safer skin care is only going to get bigger and bigger, so I am happy to be part of this mission in its early stages. I want to make an impact, and this is a great way to step up and be a leader in the health and wellness industry. Also, I have made so many new friends since joining on as a Beautycounter consultant.
- What is your current daily skin care routine?
- This may sound weird, but I actually hardly ever wear makeup during the week! I work from home, so there is really no need to put on makeup. I might need to start applying a little bit though since we are doing more video conference calls at work!
- After I shower in the morning, I apply my Nourishing Day Cream and Eye Cream. At night, I will use the cleansing balm, Nourishing Night Cream and Eye Cream. A few nights a week, I will also add in the charcoal + balancing mask at night. That is what most days look like! Pretty simple.
- Which is your #1 favorite Beautycounter product and why?
- The cleansing balm. Hands down. This product is a miracle worker. It not only moisturizes your skin while cleansing, but it also significantly evens your skin tone. I mainly purchased it to get all of my makeup off at night, but I find myself using it as a moisturizer for dry/cracked areas on your skin. As it starts to cool off, I know the air will get dry, so I think I might have to purchase another container of this stuff for the winter!
- Which Beautycounter product is on your list to pick up next?
- I would like to try the Brightening Facial Mask next. I have heard a lot of good things about this mask, so I think that’s my next purchase. I also want to purchase some of the sunscreen since we are hanging out by the pool a lot.
- What beauty product will you never leave the house without?
- Usually some kind of pink lipstick! I am always reapplying lipstick throughout the day and leaving marks all over my coffee cups – anyone else have that problem?! I also have chapstick with me at all times so that my lips can stay moisturized under my gloss and lipstick.
- What’s your best/favorite beauty tip?
- My favorite beauty tip is to wear sunscreen! You can never have enough sunscreen on – especially on your face. I have heard so many women talk about this and how important it is. If you remember to wear your daily sunscreen, your face is going to look so much younger and healthier as you age.
Now for the fun part! We have teamed up to giveaway a spa set of your choosing! There are 3 different spa sets to choose one (brightening, plumping, balancing) – I have the balancing spa set, and I love it. Each set contains a mask, facial oil, and mist.
You can enter the giveaway by following the Rafflecopter link below. The more blogs you visit and the more people you follow on Instagram, the more entries you will receive. You can enter until October 15th, and the winner will be announced on October 16th. Good luck!