Hey y’all! I am excited to bring you another yummy recipe today: Flank Steak and Caesar Salad.
It is no lie that we love our steak around here. Alex and I are both from the Midwest (Nebraska and Minnesota), so we definitely appreciate and enjoy eating steak! Over the past summer, we made so much flank steak. It is amazing when it is marinated correctly. We played around with the marinade several times, and I think we finally got it down to a science. The key is to marinade overnight!
For a side, this Caesar Salad recipe is my absolute favorite. You have to try it! It is not like any other Caesar salad recipe you have tried – trust me. It is lite and not creamy. I HATE creamy salad dressings (sorry ranch lovers), so this Caesar dressing is a complete win for me!
Flank Steak Recipe:
- Marinade your flank steak in the marinade (recipe below) for 24 hours
- Put the marinade and steak together in a large, gallon sized Ziploc bag
- Take your steak out of the fridge and set out in room temperature for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Pre-Heat Grill between 350 – 375 degrees.
- Grill steak 3-5 minutes per side for medium/medium-rare steak.
- Remove from grill and let the steak rest for 5 minutes.
- You can also cover it with foil to help it rest.
- Once you have waited a solid 5 minutes, cut the steak against the grain.
Flank Steak Marinade (per 1-1.5 lb):
- 3 TBS Honey
- 3 TBS Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 TBS garlic
- A few dashes of Chili Flakes (or a lot if you like spice)
Doesn’t that steak look gorgeous!? Now for the yummy salad!
Caesar Salad Recipe:
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce
- Parmesan Cheese
- Croutons (I usually leave these off because #calories)
- Caesar Salad Dressing (see below for recipe)
- Toss all ingredients together in a mixing bowl!
- You might not need to use all of the dressing for 1 head of romaine – just pour a little bit at a time and eyeball it! Everyone likes their dressing in different doses. 🙂
Caesar Salad Dressing:
- 3 TBS Olive Oil
- 3 TBS Lemon Juice
- 1.5 t Grey Poupon Mustard
- 1.5 t Garlic
- 1 Egg Cooked 1.5 minutes
- You can just microwave some water in a Pyrex for a few minutes.
- Then, place your egg in the hot water for 1.5 minutes.
Honestly, both of these recipes are so simple and don’t take much time at all. You can whip out this dinner in under 20 minutes if you are prepared! Those are the best kind of dinners.
Look at how juicy this steak is! Guys, it really IS as good as it looks!
You could always add another side to this plate as well. Maybe some rice, potatoes, green beans?! You choose!
Of course, you must pair with your favorite cocktail or a nice glass of Cabernet.
Let me know what y’all think. I hope you try it out sometime soon! Cheers!