Is it just me or did August fly by? I feel like I say something similar to this every month, but seriously, August went by so fast.
All in all, we had a good month. If I could describe August in a few words it would be: family, busy, wine, work, and hot.
We saw a lot of family this past month, which was really good! We saw both my family and Alex’s family, so that was quite the treat. Work was busier this past month and of course, Houston was EXTREMELY HOT (duh). I can’t complain though, it was a good month.
I forgot to set goals for August and that was definitely noticeable in my daily lifestyle. I ate like crap, drank a ton and didn’t work out as much as I should have. It’s okay to indulge now and then, but I spent the entire month doing that. It is time to get back on track in September! Anyone with me?
Here are my September Goals:
- Meatless Mondays.
- A friend recommended this to me, so I am going to do it again! I am obsessed with veggies, so I really like doing this one.
- Run 50+ miles
- We essentially took the summer off from running and I need to pick it back up for half-marathon training. We do weekend “long” runs with a training group in The Woodlands, so I don’t think this should be too challenging.
- Food Journaling/Tracking Calories
- I used to do this, but I stopped a while ago. I noticed that I am putting on weight and need to get back on track. I am aiming for 1200-1500 calories per day and will use an App to keep track of this.
- 20 Minute Arm Work-Out Per Day
- I complain about how my arms look every single day. I decided that instead of wasting all of this time complaining, why not just do a work out instead? There are so many good YouTube videos out there, so I am excited to try some new videos. This arm workout video is my favorite.
- Finish decorating my office
- And Blog about it!
- Words of Affirmation
- We just went a wedding last weekend and the pastor told us to say one thing we love about our spouse every day. For example, “Alex, I love that you are so patient!” I thought this would be a good thing to do going into our second anniversary in October.
- Stretching Daily
- I need to be stretching a lot more than I currently do. My body is way too tense, so I am hoping to re-gain flexibility and prevent running injuries.
- Clean Out my Personal E-mail Inbox
- My work e-mail is pristine, but my personal e-mail is a whole different story. This really bothers me, so I am going to tackle this next month.
- Flossing for a week straight
- I can’t seem to make it a month with flossing, so I am going to try a week to see if that will get me to stick with it. A month is too daunting.
- Go Big Red!
- I am holding myself to high standards this month, so I am holding the Husker Football team to high standards as well. Hoping for an undefeated September! #GBR.
There you have it! My 10 (more like 9) goals for September. I think these are definitely achievable goals. I already know work will be EXTREMELY busy this month, so I am hoping I can stay focused on all of these. #NoExcuses
What are some of your goals for this month? Do you set monthly goals for yourself?